The Ultimate Conservation Experience
Have you ever dreamed of being an Anti-Poaching K9 Ranger? Taking part in a boots on the ground, frontline Anti-Poaching experience? To revel in Africa's diverse wildlife first hand, learning new skills whilst having a positive impact on wildlife conservation? Then our Ultimate Conservation programme is just for you!
Get in touch with one of our dedicated team today, who will support your incredible journey from start to finish!
11 DAYS OR 7 DAYS
4 - 6 PEOPLE
£2050pp - 11 Day
£1550PP - 7 Day
Join us for the Ultimate African Adventure!
Read our 5* TripAdvisor Reviews
Experience frontline Anti-Poaching & Wildlife Conservation
Experience frontline Anti-Poaching & Wildlife Conservation with our unique volunteer programme. Dogs 4 Wildlife, in conjunction with the IFPCP and Project Rhino have constructed a conservation experience like no other. Learn valuable conservation and Anti-Poaching skills all whilst supporting critical conservation efforts in South Africa.
Experience 11 days in the African bush with Project Rhinos K9 unit and the team from the IFPCP. Proceeds from these programmes go directly to both Project Rhino and Dogs 4 Wildlife's conservation projects.
Working closely with a highly skilled and experienced unit in Africa's Zululand within the KwaZulu Natal province of South Africa, the IFPCP. Volunteers will gain unrivalled experience with Project Rhinos K9 unit, supported by Dogs4Wildlife. Help participate in frontline conservation efforts on one of the many reserves the unit protects, including a number of Big 5 reserves. You will experience the African bush, like no other. This is the frontline of anti-poaching conservation programmes.
Our Conservation Programme
Our conservation programme is based on around a 20% theory and 80% practical programme, so most of your time will be spent in the South Africa bush, learning first hand about the environment around you. As the IFPC and Project Rhino protect so many different reserves, your experience will be diverse to numerous habitats. No other programme offers so much variety of first hand experiences.
You will cover wildlife identification, animal behaviour and big game tracking skills, plus learn numerous anti-poaching techniques. You’ll also learn the history behind the poaching industry and illicit wildlife trade. Study ecological relationships, wildlife law and bush survival. The ultimate conservation experience!
Just some of the life changing experiences this 11 day programme offers;
- Working closely with an elite anti-poaching K9 unit on the frontline of wildlife conservation across KwaZulu-Natal.
- Involvement with the teams K9 unit, including welfare and husbandry, operational training and deployment. This includes an introduction to the IFPCP's K9 field ranger course, a SAQA recognised qualification.
- Learn wildlife identification and animal behaviour.
- Bush Survival course and 1 night bush camping.
- Anti-Poaching patrols with the unit, including; searching for snares, checking fence lines, rhino monitoring.
- Tracking Course - learn to read and follow the sign left by both humans and wildlife.
- Anti-Poaching techniques and tactics.
- Experience Zululand Cat Conservation Project. An educational tour getting up close and personal with South Africa's endangered wild cat species at the Endomeni Lodge.
- Nature enthusiast experience, learn about the diversity of the fauna and flora across KwaZulu-Natal.
- Snake handling experience / Trip to Zulu Croc, Hluhluwe for hands on Crocodile and Snake experience.
- Big 5 Game Drives at one of the many large game reserves under Project Rhino's protection.
All program participants are responsible for organising their own international transportation, equipment, and outdoor gear. By registering your interest with us, each applicant accepts the terms & conditions outlined at the bottom of this page, including all protocols set forth by Dogs 4 Wildlife and any partners involved in our provided programmes. Interested individuals must register interest by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our programme, please view the downloadable documents below;